Have you been asked by your clients or prospects “Do you have a Woman Owned Business Certification?” or “Are you Certified as a Minority Business Enterprise?”
Certification must make sense for your company as it is an investment in your success. Some questions to ask are:
- How much revenue is generated by customers who want you to be certified? Will that increase with a certification?
- Are prospective customers asking if you are certified?
- Are you losing contracts because you are not certified?
- Are you competing in a market where you are the only woman or minority service providing services?
Certification as a Women Owned Business can open opportunities with client’s who have supplier diversity programs.
WBE Certification includes:
- Listing in procurement databases for WBE’s
- Procurement list of over 1,000 private and public sector purchasing contacts
- WBE Designation for your marketing materials
There is a wide range of benefits to certification as a Minority Owned Business Enterprise including:
- Inclusion in Minority Supplier Database
- Access to the Minority Supplier Database
- MBE Designation for your marketing materials
Women Owned Small Business Certification is required for certain federal purchasing programs and has restrictions on the size of the company. There is also a disadvantaged component called the EDWOSB which has further requirements.
- Federal Government must award 5% of its prime contracting dollars to WOSB’s!
There are other certifications to consider. Most are Women or Minority, however, we also work with you to determine suitability for:
- Veteran Owned Business
- LGBTBE Owned Business
- Disabled-Owned Busines
for a Free, No Obligation Certification Assistance Consultation!